If you’re the parent of an adult child living at home who is not making an attempt to find work or do anything meaningful with their life, you’ve encountered the “failure to launch” problem. You might be thinking about how you did everything you were supposed to and wondering what’s wrong with your kid. Why, after doing everything that you were supposed to do to launch your 20-something child, are they now lying on your couch, eating your food and mindlessly scrolling through TikTok?
After spending the last ten years working with young adults and receiving countless panicked calls from parents begging me to help their kids, I put together a book on just this topic.
True You Parenting: How to Help Your 20-Something Launch and Keep Your Sanity delves deeper into the unique issues younger adults face in today’s world and provides real step-by-step guidance for you, the parent, to help your adult child launch.
- How to take care of yourself and set an intention in order to feel confident about your decisions
- How to help your child if they’re depressed or struggling with a serious mental illness
- How the issues that 20-Somethings face today are preventing them to launch
- How to set limits and boundaries with your adult child in order to maintain your sanity and preserve the overall relationship
- How to create a solid plan of action in order to help your child accomplish their goals so they can launch (and move out of your home).